So I had a doctor's appointment, just to check my thyroid levels and get a referral over to Gyno because Aunt Flo has gone UA yet again!

Doc: Why would you like a referral to see someone over at gynecology?
Me: Infertility and because I haven't had my period in a few months.

Doc: When was your last period?
Me: January I think, I have PCOS so it doesn't come like clockwork.

Doc: I see, are you pregnant?
Me: "No, I've been trying for 3 years. PCOS hasn't been a big help in that department.

Doc: I see, well hang on Mrs. Morgan (this is NOT my last name, obviously, the doctor didn't bother to read my chart), I'm going to have you take a pregnancy test.
Me: I'm not pregnant, I'd know. After 3 years and one live birth, I'd know if I was pregnant.

Doc: You have a child?
Me: Yes, I've had one live birth. It should be there in all my paperwork.

Doc: I see. Well, still, when was the last time you had sex?
Me: 2 days ago.

Doc: I'm going to have you take a pregnancy test here and then one tomorrow at home.
Me: I'd prefer not to but whatever.


So I took the one at home and it was negative. Then they called me and theirs was negative. I didn't want to have to go through this, I've taken probably 200 pregnancy tests in the past 3 years to be met by negative after negative. You'd think by now I'd be immune to the negatives but they still pull at my heart strings. I was trying to spare myself any pain but well, these military doctors don't care much about feelings... they don't care much for reading either since I had to reiterate the entirety of my medical history in 5 minutes (crunch time and the "doctor" was already running over an hour behind so she didn't bother to read my chart), not to mention she couldn't remember half of what I said and she kept calling me by the wrong damn name.

I just don't understand why things have to be so difficult. Take a minute to read my chart, don't grill me why I want to see a Gynecologist, it's not like you can treat me or do an in office, that day IUI. It's not like she even cared why I wanted to see someone just like she didn't care that I really didn't want to take a pregnancy test. These doctors DO NOT CARE, I am a number not a patient. They have no bedside manner because they don't have to, they begrudgingly write out prescriptions and half the time they prescribe the wrong damn things. I long for civilian health care!